Week 8 – POTCERT

So I’m a couple of weeks behind… 

I posted to Pilar’s voicethread on time though!  I am finding that I like voicethread more and more!  I like how you can click on someone’s video right from the topics page and see what they have to see.  It seems clear, clean and easy to me!

Group Activity Areas:

I have used wikis quite a bit to monitor group work out of class.  Students like it’s easy to use platform and I like it’s easy to use grading system.  I have used pbworks.  It’s easy to use and best of all, FREE!!

Online Grade Book:

I am currently using Making the Grade as my grading program, it allows me to post me grades to Bb.  My goal is to start using the Bb gradebook.  Students are used to it and it eliminates a step for me.

Social Media:

I am currently using Fb with my f2f class.  I have noticed that it is a great tool for students to get quick feedback.  They have also been posting pictures of themselves doing cultural activities around town for extra credit.  They came up with that idea and I love it!

Virtual Worlds:

I went to a workshop on Second Life…  I’m not really convinced at the moment.  It seems like an awful lot of work!  I barely have enough time in this life, let alone a second one!  LOL

This entry was posted in Potcert. Bookmark the permalink.