Week 12 – POTCERT

Week 1:  I set up my blog and I am ready to start the course! I could tell it was still warm back then because I placed a picture of the beach as my blog banner : ).

Week 2: I feel this is one of my best posts. I set up the skeleton of my online course in this post.

Week 3: I was challenged to think about my guiding force this week.  I was also reminded to speak to colleagues about a couple of issues.  I still need to do this.

Week 4: Another great post, I really got into the development of my online course with specifics about intoductions, lectures, activities, group & pair work, as well as assessment.  This will be a kwy post in developing my class.

Week 5: The interactive syllabus, I love this and am excited to create mine!

Week 6: I learned how to embed a video into my blog.  Cool!

Week 7: Had a light bulb moment about creating community in my online class. 

Week 8: I learned that I love voicethread!  I’m using this in my course for sure.  I also revisited my wikkis.

Week 9: I learned about Diigo which is cool.  I remembered why I don’t like second life.

Week 10: I learned about using Blogs for teaching online.  I’m not sure I’m 100% convinced.  I think it’s because I don’t like this wordpress site at all.  It’s slow and buggy at times!  Need to explore other blogging sites…  or just use Bb.

Week 11: Refreshed my memory on copywriting.

This assignment was great, it made me revisit topics I wrote about over the last 3 months.  Naturally, I forgot how brilliant I was!  (haha)  These will be great resources to come back to when we start to build our online classes.

“See” you all in January and thanks to the whole POT crew for your guidance & knowledge!  ¡Hasta pronto!

This entry was posted in Potcert. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Week 12 – POTCERT

1. Ralene says:

Donna — this was a great post. It was both concise and specific. I loved it! I agree that revisiting all my posts helped me re-discover things I learned and things I want to start using. Happy holidays to you — and ‘see you’ in class in January!

2. Claire Major says:

I like your reflection! It’s so positive!