Introduction

Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Reza. Let me first start by apologizing for posting this so late in the week. This is my second semester at Mira Costa and I am majoring in Computer Science. I moved here from Iran a little more than 3 years ago and graduated last year from Torrey Pines High. MIT has always been my dream school and the school I see myself fit into the best, so I am trying as best as I can (plus a little more :D) to be prepared for transfer to such a rigorous, yet very interesting, university for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science major with emphasis in Artificial Intelligence; I am also working to satisfy the requirements for couple of in-state schools such as Stanford, UC Berkeley and UC Los Angeles. My hope is to be ready to transfer for Fall 2018, so this semester I am taking 24.00 units. Even though I am an engineering major, ever since I was a kid, I’ve had a special interest in humanities and social sciences, especially history. I see history as a ‘science’ that we all need to learn from in order to be successful. I am very much looking forward to my first in-depth journey in history with all of you.

I hope we get to know each other more in coming weeks.