LIBRARY ORIENTATION

Hi, everyone!

I was not feeling good and not able to post on the blog last week.

Last Thursday, Professor Sleeper and three other classmates went to MiraCosta Library to see a reference librarian. The meeting was insightful and helpful. The reference librarian, Steven, taught us some researching skills which I thought useful. He suggested us to come up with keywords for our research topic and helped us to find the materials in faster and easier way. Steven’s way of researching on databases was unique and which is something that I have never even consider if I did not attend the meeting.

I am narrowing down my Korean War research topic into psychological background of the war on both the Korean Peninsula and the United States. Like I previously mentioned in my blog post, I am planning to interview the Korean War veteran, and Steven suggested that would be a powerful primary source for my research paper. Before the meeting, I was bit confused and not sure how to put an interview as my primary source, and I did not even know how to cite the interview. However, Steven guided me into the right direction and showed me how to cite an interview as a primary source.

The meeting with the reference librarian definitely helped me to find the right direction to start my research paper. I am thankful for that I had a chance to meet the reference librarian and improved researching skills.