We are excited to begin a new semester with all of you. We cannot wait to see how the children have grown over break. We are also excited to welcome a few new children and families to our classroom. It is going to be such a fun semester. We have a few updates for you as we begin:
NEW TEACHERS AND SCHEDULES: We have a new face in our room and some of the teachers’ schedules are changing a little bit this semester. If you see someone new, be sure to say “hello.” We have been spending a lot of time working together as a team during the past two weeks and getting to know one another. The Room 1 team is a fantastic group, I think!
- Ms. Amanda – Ms. Amanda’s schedule is changing to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays this semester. We are glad to have her in our room!
- Ms. Caroline – Ms. Caroline is going to be teaching on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. However, you will also see her in a new role on Mondays and Wednesdays when she will be completing her student teaching through the internship class.
- Ms. Chandler – Ms. Chandler will be working full days now on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We are glad that she will be staying with us until the end of the day.
- Ms. Ruby – Ms. Ruby is a new teacher on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. She did service learning in Room 3 last semester. We are excited to have her in Room 1.
- Ms. Ana – Ms. Ana will be a floater in our classroom, primarily on Mondays and Wednesdays. You may also see her around on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Ms. Laura – I will still be here Monday through Friday. There are a few days here and there where I will be absent. In many of those cases, Ms. Nicole will be subbing.
If you have any questions about our staff, please let me know. Also, you can see some bios of the teachers in our classroom if you would like to get to know them a bit more!
CUBBIES: Please insure that your cubbies are stocked with a change of clothes and diapers for your child. We will be getting right into art, water in the sensory table, and more!
NEW ROUTINE: We have a new routine for our classroom! We hope that you find the changes to be exciting. The biggest change is that we will be starting our day outdoors and finishing our day indoors. When you come in the morning, be sure to sign in in our sign in book, help your child wash his or her hands, and then bring your child to the yard. We plan to have a teacher indoors each day to greet you, too!
PLANNING DOCUMENTS: We also have our first week’s plans to share with you. On the second page of the document, you can see what we will be doing for large groups and for special activities. During the first week we will not go to the art studio, as the teachers and children will be getting used to our new routine. However, we have some fun 3D artwork planned for inside our classroom. We also plan to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear and sign “The Bear Went Over the Mountain” with some sign language incorporated into it. The classroom is set up slightly differently this semester, too. We are hoping that the changes will lead to more use of some of the areas of our classroom
WINTER BREAK JOURNAL: If you have completed your winter break journal, we would enjoy seeing it! If you are a new family, please do not worry about completing a journal. Instead, we would love to have a few family pages created for the journal books that are left here at school. We cannot wait to add more pages to your child’s journal this semester.
FACEBOOK: Please consider visiting our CDC Facebook page for information and updates about the Center as a whole!
Have a great weekend everyone. We cannot wait to see you all on Tuesday, January 20 (or Wednesday, if you do not attend on Tuesday). Also, if there’s anyone to add to our classroom email list, please let me know. I am using a completely new list now since there are now new families in our room!
BCC: Families of Room 1, Teachers of Room 1, Supervising Staff of the CDC