POT – Week 20: Introduction to Educational Technology and Instructional Design
POT – Week 20: Introduction to Educational Technology and Instructional Design avatar

We are on week 20! Woohoo!

• I decided to post about something Jim Julius brought up: how students learn. I focus a lot of my instruction on a student’s individual learning style (I actually presented a workshop on it at MiraCosta College back in January). So, I recorded an abreveated “workshop” on implementing learning styles in the classroom:

I enjoyed reading Cris Crissman’s recap for Week 19. And thank you for your feedback!

Also, thanks to Stephanie Decker for making me discover how to create a “gif“. Here’s mine to introduce this week on P.O.T.:

split animated gifSomething I noticed this past week more than others is the amount of spam comments I’m getting on my blog. I thought I had put an option to limit spam but it still seems to be appearing out of nowhere. ;( (Someone help me!)

Additionally this week we had to:

Hopefully the “visual aids” below help best understand the meanings of “Instructional Design and “Educational Technology”:

Capture d’écran 2013-03-27 à 20.22.11

Capture d’écran 2013-03-27 à 20.28.23

Here’s one of my favorite slides: 🙂

Capture d’écran 2013-03-27 à 20.44.57

Capture d’écran 2013-03-27 à 20.03.18Have a very Happy Easter everyone!!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to POT – Week 20: Introduction to Educational Technology and Instructional Design

1. Avatar Jim Julius says:

Glad you found some launching points in my little video, Rachele! I’d be curious to see your learning styles “thing” but it doesn’t look like it embedded in your blog post. I think learning styles is an important way to help faculty recognize the diversity of ways that students learn, but I also get a bit wary of taking learning styles as a diagnostic tool to help faculty teach better to individual students. I wrote a blog post on this last summer which generated some great comments – check it out here: http://jjulius.org/2012/06/01/time-for-a-learning-styles-post/

I think the wikipedia articles are helpful but don’t really give a complete picture. My comment to Helen Crump earlier this week if you’re interested in a couple of my thoughts about those two articles: http://learningcreep.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/pot-cert-week-20-the-golden-triangle-of-pedagogy-ed-tech-and-instructional-design-potcert/#comments

Have you installed akismet on your WordPress site to help with spam?