This is the end for me! I’m so sad to depart because you’ve all taught me so much about using technology in the classroom. You’ve all been such incredible wellsprings of knowledge and experience that I can’t possibly express my gratitude for your blogs, comments, and conversations. All of this brings me to the thematic ligament that connects each of my blogs: Collaboration via Technology.
Over the course of this semester, I have been experimenting with different online learning platforms that foster collaboration in virtual classrooms. I’ve been actively trying to find informal lessons that incorporate technology in order to build communities and encourage students to work together. In many ways, the possibilities for collaboration are a lot stronger in virtual environments than F2F ones, and programs such as Perusall and Google Docs have highlighted. Finally, technology allows us to empower our students to find, evaluate, and share readings that can be incorporate into course. Throughout this experience, I’ve really appreciated how y’all have encouraged collaborating with students to shape the directions of the class. As educators, we must collaborate with our colleagues and our students in order to cultivate curiosity and discovery.
- Blog 1: https://wordpress.miracosta.edu/writingwithmachines/2019/02/11/migrating-my-teaching-style/
- Blog 2: https://wordpress.miracosta.edu/writingwithmachines/2019/02/25/peruse-all-this-post/
- Blog 3: https://wordpress.miracosta.edu/writingwithmachines/2019/03/11/well-contented-students/
- Vlog 4: https://wordpress.miracosta.edu/writingwithmachines/2019/04/02/6-minute-writing-process/
- Blog 5: https://wordpress.miracosta.edu/writingwithmachines/2019/04/22/accessing-accessibility-online/