About Me

My name is Shahrzad Zahedi, I am from Iran. I am currently teaching French at MiraCosta College.

I left Iran at the age of 10 and moved to Switzerland. In 1989, I moved to Los Angeles with my family and attended the French High School of Los Angeles. After high school, I attended the University of California San Diego. I minored in Creative Writing and majored in French Literature. I then continued to study French Literature at Brown University and received my Ph.D. in 2009.

I began to write poetry in French at the age of 12 while I was still living in Montreux, Swizerland. It is for my love of the French language and literature that I decided to pursue my passion.

I like computers and anything that deals with going online and browsing the internet. If one needs to be sociable and outgoing to be a successful online Instructor, then this may not be for me. I would still like to learn about it and see if I will enjoy online teaching or not.

I love to travel, to read philosophical books in French, to eat international food, and I love teaching.

No Comments to “About Me”