My Pedagogical Goals and Objectives

Hello,

In this post I will talk about my pedagogical goals and objectives. My department has a set of SLOs which are writing, speaking, listening, and reading and integrating Hispanic Culture, as well. Therefore, in my lectures via group, pair or/and individual activities all of the components need to be fullfilled.

In our textbook Vistas, we cover six chapters, and these chapters are divided into sections. The sections that I will focus on will be Culture, Vocabulary, Structure, Recap and Evaluation. For each section, my students will read, study or watch videos and complete the online activities I selected from each chapter. Once they finish each chapter, my students will be assessed by completing a written and oral exam. For this assessment, I will use Wimba, the Voice Board and/or the Discussion Board.

For my oral assessments, I will use Skype (skype.com) , Voicethread (voicethread.com) and Youtube (youtube.com), and for the written exam I will most likely use the Discussion Board. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Converting my F2F class to online will be changeling but satisfying as well. In Chapter 3, one of the many things that I learned was that my online class needs to involve an effective and coherent experience–a sense of community. Also it made me think about the “formative” and “summative” aspects of assessing students’ work.  How much I should grade and how much feedback I should give?

2 Comments

Filed under Uncategorized

2 Responses to My Pedagogical Goals and Objectives

1. Hello – this looks a good plan to start with and I like the different tools you have integrated into the course overall.

regards

Roger

2. Wow, fantasttic blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?

you make blogging look easy. The overall glance of your website iss magnificent, as smaartly as the content material!