Week XXIV: Final Reflections

Week XIII: Introduction: I was very excited to get started because the first semester was great and I learned more than I expected.

Week XIV: Creating Class Elements, Part 1: I love taking pictures as most people do. I always wanted to create content with images that I take in a daily basis and make them part of my classes. This is a valuable tool. I also explored other tools such as QuickTime Player.

Week XV: Creating Class Elements, Part 2: Wow, this week was great because I began to explore new and neat tools. Thinglink is a great tool because it allows to link different multimedia and it is fun.

Week XVI: Creating Class Elements, Part 3: Another great week. This week I discovered a new tool: Prezi. What I liked about this new tool is that you presented your information is a very creative way. Instead of a linear and a traditional timeline, I was able to break from it. Adding sound was very easy too.

Week XVII: Online Students : This week was all about my students and how I would best help them clear up any questions that would prevent them from accessing all the course material. It gave me that opportunity to think deeply on how my course information and material was reaching them and if it was clear. I also began using Google Drive and Dropbox.

Week XIII: Classroom Management: This week was enlightening because I realized what students did outside of class was as important or even more important than what we accomplished inside the classroom.

Week XIX: Online Education Theory: This week I shared how I encourage my students to make connections outside of class, participating in cultural events. Throughout the year fortunately there are many cultural events that allow my students to live and experience authentic Hispanic customs. Every year we explore Día de Muertos, attend concerts, visit restaurants, see plays, etc.

Week XX: Educational Technology and Instructional Design: This week I explored the importance of tech and instructional design and how I for a while went without technology.  Our department and some colleagues have encouraged us to explore and incorporate more technology in our classes. I am very happy I listened and now I am a new and reinvented professor because of it. There is a lot more I would like to learn. I think I am in the right track though.

Week XXI: Web-Enhanced, Hybrid and Open Classes: Wow, I used free online resources and I have a few favorites. However, I was unaware about the abundance of free courses and resource available on the Internet. This week I explored MOOC.

Week XXII: Personal Learning Networks: I was in the recent past a very quiet professor. This program allowed to rediscover myself and my voice. I love technology and I can put this passion into good use. I am very happy because I am making new learning networks.

Week XXIII: Presentation: This week I wanted to explore other tools: reflector, QuickTime Player, 4 Apps (soundcloud, Audioboo, Tellagami and Educreations).  In my area it is important to find different multimedia by which our students can share and practice what they are learning in class.

Comments Off on Week XXIV: Final Reflections

Filed under Uncategorized