Week 22: Personal Learning Networks

This week I was particularly intrigued by the video “Sharing: The Moral Imperative.” Shareski’s point of view on sharing is phenomenal.  In the past months, I have been actively sharing ideas and resources with my colleagues and thus creating a community and a network that is allowing me to grow.  Sharing in a large scale is a scary, new concept for me, but I do believe sharing has many benefits not only for the students but for yourself. It has allowed me to create learning networks on different campuses and on the Internet.

In the past I was not a big sharing type. I was actually very shy around my colleagues and limited my participation in our discussions in meeting and workshops, and I would find myself listening from the more experienced educators rather than sharing my own experiences as equal educators. I know for a fact that I have many great ideas to offer.  This program has created a safe space for me to express my ideas and share them with all of you.

In the future I do want to share more. I was also inspired by Dan Meyer from Santa Cruz, California, who shared his work that took countless hours to complete. I want to become part of the big chain of resources online and perhaps inspire one person and in return inspire me to do more.

Inspire

Comments Off on Week 22: Personal Learning Networks

Filed under Uncategorized