Home » Uncategorized » About Me

About Me

10 September 2013

onlineHello. I am taking the POT online course for the second year. The first year, I was only able to finish one semester. I have decided to return and take another full year because I think I have a lot to learn about online teaching. Online teaching and communication is advancing so quickly that I think I will always be behind and not learn as much as I should. I would take this course over and over until I was able to fully master it.

Why do I want to take this course?

I would like to expand my knowledge teaching and be able to tackle any type of instruction, whether it is fully online, partially online, or in the classroom. This course teaches us tools that will help us with our instruction in a classroom or online. The last time, I found out about sites that could be used to find tools for better PowerPoint presentations, for better communication between students and with the students.

A little bit about myself.

I am currently a French language instructor at MiraCosta college. I am Iranian-American, but I left Iran at the age of 10 and grew up in Switzerland and France. I also hold a Ph.D. in French Studies from Brown University. I really enjoy teaching and thinking of how to make students have a better grasp of the French language. I am constantly searching for ways to improve my teaching and I have learned a lot from colleagues and supervisors as well.

During my free time, when I am not teaching, I enjoy doing small interpretation and translation jobs. I also enjoy watching videos on Youtube, going to the beach with my Minpin, and eating salads. I love salads.

I am excited to take this class again with everyone else.

Uncategorized

No Comments to “About Me”