Bienvenidos! Welcome to my Blog!

Hola! I am Laura Carlsson. Yes! I am from Argentina… but; no, I am not the girl in the picture 🙁

I teach Spanish as an associate faculty at MiraCosta College. I do not teach online (yet) but I always wanted to utilize all the available technology in the classroom to make it fun (for the students and for me!) and for that reason I am ready to start this challenge and learn MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO!

The cute picture you see in the blog header are two of my 5 grandchildren. The little one on the right is the son of my daughter and her Brazilian husband. They are leaving next week to try a better life in Brazil. I brought my kids here 16 years ago for better opportunities. We passed through a lot to get our American citizenship and a decent life… and now they go other places with better possibilities. Isn’t that sad?

Well in a much happier note in these next pictures you see me (the real one) with my two daughters, Analia and Cecilia (the one leaving) and my son Lucas with our dog Fred (Alfredo). Hopefully, you can guess who is who 🙂

I have a lot to tell you about me, but I am guessing this is not the last opportunity we will have to get to know each other.

Thank you Lisa and Jim!

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Bienvenidos! Welcome to my Blog!”

1. Xavier Caparrós (@XavCap) Says:

Hola Laura. Encantado. Nice to find you here. I am sure I will enjoy a lot with you when you share your spanish online teaching with us.

See you online.

2. Bonnie K Says:

Welcome Laura,
    Like you, I have yet to teach an online class but last year I learned a lot from this group of great teacher/learners and I’m looking forward to even more.
    I spent time in Argentina, mostly in Buenos Aries. Sadly, it rained every day :(.
    It is sadder that your children are leaving the US to find jobs somewhere else. Maybe things here will get better, soon. I am an optimist of course.
    I love your photos and look forward to more of your life stories,
    Bonnie

3. Maria Laura Carlsson Says:

Yes! Looks like we have things in common. Nice to meet you Xavier and Bonnie!

4. M. Conrey Says:

Hi Laura! I too am an Associate Faculty member at MiraCosta & I’m glad to see there are others out there that maybe don’t have a lot a of online experience. Your family is beautiful! I’m sure it is difficult to see your daughter leave the country with her family. My daughters are still very young (7 & 9) and I still cannot even imagine a day without them in my house.

Here’s to a great course!

Melissa

5. Maria Laura Carlsson Says:

Thanks Melissa,
    Time flies. Our children grow faster than we think.
    Just hug them while you have them with you… I will learn how to hug via Skype!

Greetings,
    Laura

6. Donna Marques Says:

Hola Laura! Your family is beautiful! Look forward to learning more about you 😉

7. Laura Says:

Hi, Laura: It is great to see you here in the certificate program! -Laura Paciorek