Week 9 FAQ’s and Survey Monkey

I liked that the readings were succinct this week.  Here are the FAQ’s I created for my f2f Psychology 101 class. This is another assignment that I really enjoyed.

Frequently Asked Questions – Psychology 101

What book do we use in this class and what if I don’t have it when the semester starts?

Class Text:  Psychology, by James Nairne; Sixth Edition. Publisher: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning; Student Copy ISBN: 978-1-111-83101-1

If you do not have the text prior to the first class, you will find a copy of this text book on Closed Reserve in the MiraCosta library.  That means you may check it out and read it, but it must stay in the library.  Please note, there are only 2 copies in the library, so it may not be available when you need it.

Can I turn in late assignments?

Yes, my policy is that you may turn in late assignments up to one week past the due date.  If an assignment is turned in late, 2 points will be deducted, unless otherwise stated.

If I miss a class, how can I tell what I will need to make up for that day and how will I know what the homework is?

Simply look to the class syllabus for the date of the class that you missed.  The pages we cover in class through activity, lecture, or small group work will be listed as “IN CLASS ACTIVITY.” Homework is posted under “Homework due next class” section (see example below of screenshot from syllabus).

Screenshot (34)

If I email you, when should I expect to hear back?

I will check my email every other day, so you should hear back within 48 hours.  I will always reply to email, so if you don’t get a response, please check that you have the correct email address  lolsonbermudez@miracosta.edu.

What if I miss a test?  Can I make it up?  What do I do?

You need to email me as soon as you know you will miss an exam.  I will send a copy of the exam to the Academic Proctoring Center (APC). Once I receive email confirmation from the APC, you will receive an email from me directing you on how to set up an appointment to complete the exam.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.