Week 8 – Snags Along the Way – My First Audio Recording

Ch 9 from the text gave a lot of information for resources.  I need time to go through and check some of these out, especially Flickr and Jing.  If I can figure out how to upload from Screencast-O-matic, I think that will be useful (see below for explanation).  I like the tips for designing web pages, these are all good guidelines.  They caution about having too many web links on one page as well as not to use too many font sizes.  There are soooo many resources listed, that I will have to remember to have a pedagogical purpose behind each tool I use.

Currently,  I use polleverywhere.com in my f2f class, and it is a great tool in the classroom.  Students seem to enjoy the use of their phones in the class, maybe this deviates from the norm.  🙂  I usually put them into small groups and have them debate a question, that doesn’t always have one right answer.  Then, using their phones, they text in their answers (one answer per group), and the results are up on the screen in class, so students can immediately see what other groups have answered.  This is a great way to stimulate discussion and thought in class.  Here is a screenshot of www.polleverywhere.com that I use in class

Screenshot of Polleverywhere

Rather than lecture the differences among this terminology, I have students debate the issue, telling them to use their text books and any other sources (google, etc) to answer the question.  After they answer, I share what my answer would be.

Here is a screenshot that I took when I hit a snag trying to upload the screencast-O-matic audio to WordPress.  I saved my brief one minute sample audio, but then couldn’t upload the file to WordPress.  What I thought might be easy, wasn’t so easy.  I think once I practice this a few times, it will come a bit faster, but for now, I feel like a SLOW learner.  Any tips?  If I can figure out how to embed the screencast-O-matic, I will do so!!!! 🙂  Thanks.

Screenshot of upload page

Thanks for your guidance, Joanne!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEMGR9jjXg&feature=youtu.be

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.