Home » Uncategorized » To loop try and err?

To loop try and err?

20 October 2013

I really like the concept of teaching by trial and error. Since I will be teaching online for the first time in Spring, I truly welcome the idea of einfect your friends.with pure disign obsessionrring and trying as I go. I feel as though I will be learning to play a new game and will have to keep at it until I am an expert. I will do my best not to become obsessed with perfecting my course.

Teaching in a face-t0-face setting does not compare to this new online pool of open web spaces and technologies. I really like playing video games, and I have always owned an XBOX or Wii, or Nintendo. In college, I even explored the world of computer programming with Visual Basics and C++ classes. I remember being in the computer lab until four in the morning with my peers to finish up projects. The online course is reminiscent of those classes and projects. I feel as though I have to be talented at teaching, computer programming, and design. Lisa is correct to say that “If you’re not creating the content pathway and facilitating the learning at every step, you’re not a teacher.” Unfortunately, teaching online takes more than just a teacher. An online instructor is 3 people in one.

I am near completion with my online course for the Spring of 2014, but there is too much text, not enough links, images, videos, and my pages are not pretty enough. On the one hand, the gamer in me enjoys tweaking my page and learning about new tools and new ways to design. However, the teacher in me is wondering how talented I can really be at designing, knowing that I have never had a grain of artistic talent in me.

This is why one may become obsessed with online teaching. It is teaching, designing, and programming all in one. The field is constantly changing and we have to stay in tune with new technologies. I believe that the “online classroom design junkie” will eventually be present in all of us whether we like it or not.

Uncategorized

No Comments to “To loop try and err?”