Bonjour de Rachèle (Introduction)
Bonjour de Rachèle (Introduction) avatar

Bonjour!

My name is Rachèle DeMéo.

I teach French at MiraCosta College. I was born and raised in Southern France 19 years by Anglophone parents. I did some of my education in France (i.e. Baccalauréat and some College) but completed the majority of my undergraduate (B.A.) and graduate education (M.A. & M.Ed.) here in the U.S.

I’ve only been in California since 2004 (I was on the East Coast prior to that). The climate here reminds me of the Mediterranean climate I am accustomed to. I am married with two young children, dogs and cats! I love extreme sports, music and people!

I’ve been teaching for over 10 years–predominately French–and love it! I’m looking forward to expand my teaching and hence explore online possibilities. I love learning so I am hoping to discover various ways I can implement in and outside (i.e. online) the classroom.

À bientôt!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Bonjour de Rachèle (Introduction)

1. Avatar Laura says:

Bonjour! I think it is neat that you wrote, “I love learning so I am hoping to discover various ways I can implement in and outside (i.e. online) the classroom.” I think it is neat that you are thinking about teaching as a whole and how it can then be implemented in a face-to-face and online setting. I can’t wait to follow your posts this year!

2. Hello Rachèle,

I will follow your posts cause I am sure I will take a lot of your experience teaching languajes online. I also think in teaching as a matter of learning. I would say I am here learning to teach and do it online.

See you online.

3. Avatar Jim Sullivan says:

Welcome!

I have children–but have been reluctant to add dogs and cats to that already overwhelming mix!

You interest in new ways of teaching translates to me into ideas about new ways of learning, too. One of the best things about our potcert group is that you get to experience what it feels like to be on the learning side of things in a very experimental online setting–that will help you better design your own online content.

4. Avatar Danièle Arnaud says:

Ah, on n’arrête pas de “chercher du travail:” enseigner en ligne maintenant, ah, ah! c’est bien, Rachèle et je trouve cela super de vouloir toujours essayer de nouvelles opportunités. La langue française ne peut pas capituler devant l’anglais tout de même….Moi aussi, je trouve que c’est une bonne idée mise en avant par Lisa Lane et Pilar Hernandez.