Medical Billing & Coding

WEEK 8 – POTCERT FEELING MORE RELAXED

WEEK 8 – POTCERT

WOW!  After watching the videos for this week and the collaborate with Todd, I am starting to feel a little more relaxed.  I felt with all of this techno information that  a magical “something” was passing me by.  I now think I am getting a better handle on the information and can start using this in my present course.  It has been fun embeding information and very interesting to see all the information on my course, medical coding, that is available on youtube.  I do not need to reinvent the wheel, but just use what has already been recorded on youtube.  I will, however, need to have the information captioned, as it has been made very clear that I would be liable if the information is not available to all.  At MiraCosta we have the opportunity to have videos captioned and I will be asking Jim about that process.  I will be spending this week talking with all of the POT folks and updating my current class.  Yeah, another great opportunity.

http://youtu.be/NsBna5IVBYg

2 Responses to “WEEK 8 – POTCERT FEELING MORE RELAXED”

1. Laura P. says:

I am glad that you are finding a lot of great videos that are already created for you. Have you checked out the databases at the library? I am not sure if they are useful for your discipline, but I have found some neat videos for my classes. I hope you are having fun looking for videos and other course materials wherever you are searching. I sometimes put the links to materials in private lists in Diigo so that I don’t lose them later. Maybe you are already doing that, though. Have fun with it all!

• Jo Moore says:

Hello Laura, Thanks for the reminder about the library database. I have the information for the database but forgot to check the site. I will certainly give it a look. I teach medical billing and coding here at MiraCosta, and medical terminology at El Camino College, in Torrance, and Torrance Memorial Hospital. I have bookmarking everything so far but will look into Diigo. Thanks again for the great advise. Have a great day.