Joyful Tidings #15: Here’s to the Presenters

Lodestar Program
New Faculty and their Lodestars gather at the home of Denise Stephenson

Thank You!

I find it inspiring  that more than 150 of our colleagues joined together this week to offer almost 100 flex workshops to our community. I want to use this final post to thank all of our presenters for their passion,  perspective, and commitment.

Overachievers

While I have said many times that we MiraCostans sometimes overextend ourselves in ways that are not always good for the college we are so invested in, I cannot help but be dazzled by the range of topics covered in today’s twenty-nine workshop agenda.

I will not attempt to summarize the scope of these offerings for you but simply refer you — for one last time — to the flex schedule for the day (and week). Having spent the week popping in on sessions and reviewing attendance reports, I can say that even our most popular sessions usually have a few seats open. This means that if you have not signed up for one of today’s workshops, you still have a very good chance of finding a spot in any workshop that intrigues you today.

Look for the PDP Canopy

And if you have time to do so, please swing by our Portable Teaching and Learning Center, which will be out for its second day of operation on our beautiful campus lawn. We will have some cold waters and a great collection of books for you to borrow along with an interest in hearing your thoughts about teaching and learning at the college.

Prepostero
PDP Coordinator