Medical Billing & Coding

WEEK 5 – POTCERT

The information in the textbook is always helpful.  However, the information presented through Pedagogy First is easier to utilize while I update my syllabus.  I am excited about updating my present syllabus posted in Blackboard.  Certainly instead of listing websites of interest I will now link them so students have an easier time obtaining information.  I will also be including links for the technical components used in the course.

I set up my syllabus on a weekly basis and will have more links to the discussion board.  The due dates are clearly listed along  assignments.

I am excited about the embeded videos.  Certainly my syllabus will be more engaging with this new information.

4 Responses to “WEEK 5 – POTCERT”

1. Norm Wright says:

I think most people are more likely to click on live link than to copy/paste a URL. They’ll use the syllabus a lot more if they know there are working links there.

• Jo Moore says:

Hello Norm, Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Yes, I will embed information as opposed to posting the URL. Hope all is going well with you on this great journey.

2. M. Conrey says:

I didn’t know how to create the live link either – I think that’ll be very helpful for students. I’ve recently started embedding video in my Blackboard course and it is great! I’ve included either YouTube videos or video clips in the MiraCosta library databases.

3. Sou Lackkaty says:

Me, too. I think I will update my syllabus on BlackBoard asap. I like that you’re going to implement what you find to be helpful for your class as you learn them.