Medical Billing & Coding

WEEK 16 – POTCERT – CREATING CLASS ELEMENTS PART 3: SCREENCASTING

http://youtu.be/U7-p98JbFvg

I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.  I needed to make a tutorial for my students and a screencast for this.  So I created  this Screencast-o-Matic tutorial for my medical billing and coding class.  My class has a lot of trouble understanding the textbook description of claim form completion.  I have corrected errors in claim forms for the past two semesters and wanted to create a tutorial to help them with this work.  I am so excited to have made this tutorial finally.  I went to two sessions for Screencasting but never used the technology.  I am so glad that this was introduced one more time and I finally used the information for one of my classes.  I am soooo excited.

I did have one problem.  I was only able though to send  this tutorial to Screencast for embedding.  I attemped to download to Youtube, but the system would not upload Youtube for me to access.  I think that I will probably have to purchase the upgrade from Screencast-o-Matic for that upload.  Anyone have any suggestions?  This Screencast also requires a Java reader.  Hope it works appropriately for all.  WELL, IT DIDN’T

I went back to the drawing board and asked for advise from the great mentors and students of POT Cert.  Thank you so much all who posted suggestions to fix my dilema.  After watching the edublog I realized that my file size was too big.   I then saved my presentation in a smaller format and saved as a video. I was then successful uploading on Youtube.  So here is my video using Screencast-o-Matic Pro with an upload to Youtube.  Thanks again for all the help.