Medical Billing & Coding

WEEK 5 – POTCERT – THE ONLINE SYLLABUS

Syllabus MAP105- Fall 2013 – Tuesday

Hello All You Wonderful People,

I have attached my interactive syllabus.  I usually post most of my information in the announcement and assignment section of my Blackboard site.  I include the syllabus with all assignments listed so students will see how the class is spaced.  I then post announcements with assignments due weekly.

The interactive syllabi provided for our review sure gives great information on how to organize our classes.  I really liked Rachele Demeo’s interactive syllabus.  When I watched Pilar’s video I was only able to view the first part of the presentation.  The last part was only audio.  Did anyone else have this problem?

I created a Diigo account last year and was able to join the mccpot group.

After watching all the great videos and reading Ko and Rossen, I feel that I like to use the great video option with Blackboard.  I like adding little bits of info and keeping in touch with the students.  I use the videos when I see students having the same problems when submitting assignments.

I watched the optional exploration and left annotations.  However, I did not see that they were posting and sent them a dozen times until I noticed they were viewable.  I then tried to delete some of the redundant information, but was not able to do that.  How do I delete the annotations after I make a comment?  I am just hoping they disappeared as I did not save.   It was anonymous then.  Ruined that.

Thought I would include an exercise in thinking in different ways.  Give it a try and have a laugh.  Laughing turns on your learning centers.  Make sure every day to do your happy dance.  After sitting behind that computer working so hard – get up and stretch, have a walk around the block, and then get back to your task.  Remember though the fun is in the learning process.  Take pride in all you are achieving.  Thank you for working so hard at achieving your goals!

Thanks,  Jo Moore